PERTH: Eastern Ontario's Exciting Getaway Destination. Every year more and more people are finding Perth a great place to spend a weekend or a week.
Located along the Rideau River Canal System in eastern Ontario, Perth's waterfront basin adds to its tourism appeal. The town was established in 1816 as one of three military settlements set-up to protect Canada from possible American invasion following the War of 1812. Its historic architecture, museums and parks offer great opportunities for recreation and fun.
Perth's heritage stone buildings date back to the 1800s and create a charming easy-to-shop compact downtown along the Tay River. Dozens of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants line the streets of Beautiful Perth. Take a look at one of our self-guided walking tours. The tour highlights Perth's classic stone structures and points of interest.
- Bring your camera.
- Printable Map.
- Relax or take a walk-about Stewart Park.
- Visit the Perth Museum and Area Museums.
- Take the children to Conlon Farm.
- Visit one of the many fine artisan shops in downtown Perth.
- Saturday 8am to 1pm stop by the Perth Farmer's Market.
- Enjoy the nature trail at the Perth Wildlife Reserve.
- Beautiful scenery and Wildlife watching.
- Visit one of the local Provincial Parks.
- Have breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the many fine restaurants.
- Attend one of the many yearly Perth Festivals.
- Take a walking tour of Heritage Perth.
- Take a drive around town and see some of the historic sights.
- See the Big Ben statue in Stewart Park.
- Boating from the Rideau Canal, up the Tay Canal, right into the downtown Tay River Basin.
- Getaway weekend at one of the local Bed & Breakfasts.
- Freshest air in Eastern Ontario - minimal noise. Open the window and sleep like you've never rested before.
- Fishing in one of the many surrounding lakes, rivers and streams.
- Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, X-country skiing, and public ice skating at the local arena.
- Come and see the magnificient fall colors.
- Come and see Perth-in-Springtime, all in bloom.
- Pamper yourself with a massage or spa service.
- Come for a round of golf.