Summer in Perth is the busy tourist season. People come from nearby cities and towns, up from the United States, and actually from all across Canada - even from around the world.
Nestled in a parkland setting along the Tay River, located on the Trans Canada Highway (Hwy #7), Perth is within easy commuting distance of Western Quebec, Upper New York State, and all of Eastern Ontario. If you live further away, fly into convient Ottawa International Airport, rent a car, and within the hour you're checking into your choice of Accommodations in Perth.
Located along the Rideau River Canal System in eastern Ontario, Perth's waterfront basin adds to its tourism appeal. The town was established in 1816 as one of three military settlements set-up to protect Canada from possible American invasion following the War of 1812. Its historic architecture, museums and parks offer great opportunities for recreation and fun.
Perth's heritage stone buildings date back to the 1800s and create a charming easy-to-shop compact downtown along the Tay River. Dozens of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants line the streets of Beautiful Perth. Take a look at one of our self-guided walking tours. The tours highlight Perth's classic stone structures and points of interest.
Today Perth is a modern community with old-world charm; a living mosaic of life in rural Ontario during the 1800's. There is a great wealth of Canadian history, architecture, and culture to be found in Perth. The streets are lined with heritage homes and shops nestled in a picturesque setting along the Tay River. You can almost see and feel the pioneers moving about the streets.
Every year thousands of people come to Perth to attend its famous festivals and events, to explore its historical past, to photograph its heritage buildings, discover its artistic community, or to kick back and relax in one of its many parks and conservation areas. Yes Perth is an outstanding year-round destination, the four seasons providing diverse beauty, with plenty of recreational activities for visitors of all ages.
Get in touch with a big piece of Canadian history. Whether single, a couple, family, youth or adult, a memorable vacation awaits each and everyone. Discover the legacy left behind by those who settled Eastern Ontario. Perth truly is a historical momument to be seen in all its beauty. Come explore, discover, and experience all that Beautiful Perth has to offer.
- Bring your camera and take some beautiful photos.
- Relax or take a walk-about Stewart Park.
- Have a picnic with the family or friends.
- Visit the Perth Museum and Area Museums.
- Take the children to Conlon Farm.
- Visit one of the many fine Artisan Shops in beautiful downtown Perth.
- Saturday 8am to 1pm stop by the Perth Farmer's Market in the Tay Basin.
- Enjoy the nature trail at the Perth Wildlife Reserve with beautiful scenery and Wildlife watching.
- Visit one of the local Provincial Parks or Conservation Areas.
- go Swimming, Hiking or Cycling.
- Have breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the many fine Restaurants.
- Attend one of the many yearly Perth Festivals.
- Take a Walking Tour of Heritage Perth.
- Take a drive around town and see some of the historic sights.
- See the Big Ben statue in Stewart Park.
- Boating from the Rideau Canal, up the Tay Canal, right into the downtown Tay River Basin.
- Getaway weekend at one of the local Bed & Breakfasts.
- Freshest air in Eastern Ontario - minimal noise. Open the window and sleep like you've never rested before.
- Fishing in one of the many surrounding lakes, rivers and streams.
- Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, X-country skiing, and public ice skating at the local arena.
- Drive or walk around town and enjoy the many Beautiful Flowers of Summer.
- Come and see the magnificient Fall Colors.
- Come and see Perth-In-Springtime, all in bloom.
- Pamper yourself with a Massage.
- Come for a round of Golf.
- Perth has boating, fishing, canoeing, waterskiing, sailing, tennis, and Winter Sports galore.
Perth is Eastern Ontario's exciting getaway destination. Every year more and more people are finding Perth a great place to spend a weekend or a week.
- Discover the heritage.
- Experience the adventure.
- Explore the waterways.
- Participate in the festivals and organized activities.
- Buy some unique gifts for friends and family.
- Enjoy the natural beauty.
- Kick-back and relax.
© Copyright 2001- All Rights Reserved